July 22, 2011

Stride Seven-Second Stop PARIS!

Bonjour! We had a blast in Paris! I am going to put a lot of pictures on this entry because I thought Paris was beautiful. I did not have the best time with the people, they were rather unwelcoming to tourists. If you come to Paris- or any country that does not speak your language- I recommend at least learning the basics of the language. If I did not have the language barrier in Paris, my experience would have been more positive! But I still loved it and it is an amazing city! 


When we first got to Paris we immediately found the Eiffel Tower (Which is not hard to do!) and climbed up it! It was around 700 steps to get to the second level which you can see in the picture below when I am at the lower level. Once you get to the second level you have to take an elevator to go up to the top! 

Frank the Tank Climbing
At the Second Level

 At the top!!! 



After the Eiffel Tower we went to the LOUVRE! Which honestly has been at the top of my Bucket List since I was teeny tiny and first found out that the Mona Lisa was there! I was SO EXCITED!! Some of my favorite works of art are in the Louvre and it was amazing to see them in person. 


Throughout the Louvre Courtyard there are little stumps that you can stand on and it positions your perfectly to hold the tip of the Pyramid! 


Below- The "Mona Lisa" and I. I actually am not a crazy fan of the Mona Lisa but I thought it was funny because we had to beat a hugeeeeeeeee crowed to get this picture! 


After the Louvre we of course needed GELATO! So thanks to our lovely travel guide book we found the best spot in paris to get Ice Cream- BERTHILLION! It was amazing- slightly pricey but totally worth it! 




Some other sweets we enjoyed were Macaroons in Montmarte and Cookies from a small shop just south of Montmarte 




The next day we decided to go to Versailles. Here are a few pictures! The Gardens were wonderful and the actual Palace was HUGE! No wonder there was a French Revolution! 




To finish our trip we walked around and found an awesome Bridge! Here it is!! Me and Frank put a lock on and when we purchased the lock from a souvenir shop down the street the very nice store owner repeated said "Love Lock, Life Lock" (or "Love Lock, Life Long" he has such a strong accent it was hard to tell!) about 45 times superrrrr fast! ! ! It was hysterical! =) 



Paris was awesome! Defiantly if you are there for a short amount of time choose what you want to see most because it is a HUGE city with so many things to see! 

Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment