May 17, 2011

Stride One: Creating my Blog

     Here is a picture of San Sebastian, Spain =) Just to give you all an idea of where I am going, because many people have not heard of San Sebastian before! It is located in the northeast corner of Spain just 12 miles away from the French boarder. 



        I came up with the idea of blogging to capture all of the memories and emotions associated with my study abroad because I wanted to share my experiences with my family and friends as well as educate college students to study abroad! I came up with the name "Strides to Spain," because as I have learned through this process thus far, studying abroad is not something that you stumble upon or something you can plan quickly, international study takes many strides to complete. You have to plan ahead for finances, school, travel, and work! It is hard to juggle it all and each stride I make closer to Spain, I will blog about in hopes to help you plan your trip abroad! 
         My blog, "Strides to Spain" will tell everyone about my planning, traveling, tips, emotions, and school in Spain! I am excited to share all that I can with my followers and hopefully you can all use my blog as a "How To" guide to traveling abroad! I will update my blog as frequently as I can and with as much information as I can think of! 
         Just to let everyone know- I will be updating my "PROFILE" frequently with new information, books, and websites I stumble upon in the planning and traveling process! You can locate my "profile" next to my photograph by CLICKING on the BLUE "Lauren Sural" Link! Check out all of these online sources I have put together for you in addition to my posts! I hope they help =) I have already updated it with three Travel Guides by Lonely Planet, which I personally have not purchased yet; but, I have only heard great things!  
        Lauren 

9 comments:

  1. Have SO much fun! I wish I would have done this when I was abroad :) Take 100000 pictures and ENJOY! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on taking sooo many pictures! I am excited! =) Do you have any travel tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Beetle! I can't wait to see you again! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lauren, I was in Spain when I was the same age as you and I spent 2 1/2 months there...so I know how much fun you will have and the trouble you could create! Haaaa!Haaaa! I would suggest you dye your hair a honey color or darker so your blonde doesn't stick out like mine did. The old ladies will hit you with canes and the boys will fight over you.
    Your blog looks great and have fun working on it! When you see the bus line "Julia" I want you to take a picture of it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try using couchsurfing.com for a place to stay while you are traveling. I saw it on the news last week and it sounded interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog Lauren! Such a wealth of info! I know you are going to have a fantastic experience. I am looking forward to keeping up with your travels...carpe diem! Mary Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vacationers take a trip for all kinds of reasons because they benefit from traveling to experience special cultures, up-to-the-minute things and take pleasure in meeting other vacationers.

    La Rocca Hostels

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hostels are harmless, affordable, and without doubt open, and they make it achievable for anyone to travel the world on a budget.

    Hostel Buenos Aires

    ReplyDelete